Why Does Amazon Ban Associates?
Amazon is the most successful eCommerce company ever. It is the world’s leading online retailer. Amazon.com first introduced as an online bookstore, but soon starts to sell video games, apparel, furniture, toys, and jewelry etc.
Amazon establishes as a company in July 1994, and the site went online as “amazon.com” in year 1995. The company was renamed after the river Amazon, one of the largest rivers in the world, which in turn named as the Amazons, the legendary nation of women warriors in Greek mythology.
Huge Amazon.com sellers complain that they’ve been badly booted off Amazon because they’ve become victim to the “law of negative averages” in which a little number of negative commentaries can, if they outnumber assenting feedback, result in a negative feedback score.
Amazon bans or suspend associates accounts due to following reasons
1. Placing more than allowed ad on a page. Only 3 ad units, 1 link unit, 2-3 search tabs, different 4 referral buttons are allowed on a one page. It should always be made definite that all your pages are within the allowed list you will never get banned.
2. Using other PPC ads together with Google ads. You are not permitted to display other contextual ads on a page which is showing Google ads. Google ads are examples of contextual ads. However there is a discuss on whether Amazon’s makes is contextual or not. It has been informed by Amazon support that Amazon ads can be displayed on the same page with Google ads.
3. Labeling ads with texts not related to “sponsored links” or “advertisements”. Only two labels are allowed for Google ads. Some publisher’s uses labels like “sponsors” “links” “links of interest” “click here for more info” etc. It is not completely against the policies and terms & conditions of Amazon and can get your account banned.
4. Disclosing publically your Amazon reports. No one is allowed to disclose anything other than your earnings to others. A number of people copy data from their reports and pasting with their questions on forums. Everyone must know that it’s against Amazon policy.
5. Integrating direct download links for music or video on your Amazon site. According to Amazon TOS, no link on your site should directly relate to video or audio result.
6. Different topics on a single site. By doing this mistake you won’t get banned but this can make it difficult for you to get relevant ads.